Friday 1 April 2016

5 Artists to Follow on Instagram

-->
Shortly after beginning work on my comic in October, I began an Instagram account specifically for my art. And if you’d like to check it out, I’m m.d.art

Anyway, I chose to focus most of my early marketing efforts, if you can call them that, on Instagram because I noticed what an awesome community of artists and fans belong to it. I know there’s plenty of hate for Instagram — there are days where all I see are models pushing hair vitamins, but I also see a hell of a lot of inspired work done by talented people — some of them, very close to home (Winnipeg). So, in no particular order, here are five of my favorite artists on Instagram.


ohotnig

Artem Trakhanov is a Russian comic book artist who’s been posting work from his book Turncoat, a comic about what happens after an oppressive alien force leaves the planet after subjugating mankind for centuries. Ohotnig’s style is incredibly unique, expressive and shows a huge attention to detail.






vladlegostaev

Take a glance at Vlad Legostaev’s work and it might seem simple compared to some of the insanely developed artwork featured on IG, but take the time to really assess this guy’s gallery and you’ll find his work is dripping with style one could only dream of accomplishing in as few lines. A rare talent if there ever was one. 








  
  
pascalblanches

This art director from Ubisoft Montreal has some of my favorite posts from recent memory. His recent cover art for Heavy Metal is so imaginative, yet perfectly on brand for the magazine.







  
   
scottford1

Scott A. Ford, a local Winnipeg comic creator, recently wrapped up Ocosomoso, a bi-weekly comic featuring a tiny alien astronaut inspecting little sections of Earth he finds both astounding and benign. Scott’s work is full of personality and I’m very much looking forward to his upcoming book, Arkland.






   
  
rags23

I first noticed Jan Buragay’s beautifully drawn space ships many months ago and have faithfully followed him ever since. All of his work seems to belong to the same heavily mechanized future world where rusty ships and dirty, smoking characters in space suits populate every port. Lately, his mech designs have been on display and are my favorite on IG, which is really saying something. 



No comments:

Post a Comment